Monday, October 17, 2011

Will this Glorify God?

Today - I was reading Jeremiah 2 & reflecting on our sermon from yesterday.
vs 5: This is what the LORD says: What wrong did your ancestors find in me that made them wander so far? They pursued what was worthless and became worthless.
vs 11: Has a nation switched gods, though they aren’t really gods at all? Yet my people have exchanged their glory for what has no value.
vs 22: Even though you scrub yourself with soap or strong powder, the stain of your sin is still before me, declares the LORD God.


So... my thoughts:

Observation: Boy this fits with the sermon yesterday! What you focus on you become – Persue worthless – become worthless. Exchanged the glory for something of NO value. I cannot SAVE/ CLEAN- purify myself- my stain of sin is still before God – only Jesus can cleans me
Application: Will this bring GLORY to God? My question for the week! Check my focus- be sure I am heading in the right direction. The stain of my sin is always there – Jesus blood is the only thing that will cover it! Reminds me of a song:
It’s called Christmas!

Well I went to the coffee shop to get myself a mocha,
The lady at the counter said "Happy holidays"; (Exchanging God’s Glory for my own!)
I said, "Thanks lady, I am pretty happy,
But there’s only one holiday that makes me feel that way."

It’s called Christmas, what more can I say?
It’s about the birth of Christ
and you can’t take that away. (AMEN!)
You can call it something else,
but that’s not what it will be.
It’s called Christmas with a capital "C."

God's got a law and we pretty much destroyed it.
We’re gonna get judged, there’s no way to avoid it. (the stain of your sin is still before me)
But Jesus came down to take the punishment for me. (Jesus blood is the only thing that will cover)
He did it for you too, so maybe you can see . . .

Why It’s called Christmas, what more can I say?
It’s about the birth of Christ
and you can’t take that away.
You can call it something else, (Exchanging God’s Glory for my own!)
but that’s not what it will be.
It’s called Christmas with a capital "C." (Jesus blood is the only thing that will cleanse me)

It’s called Christmas!

No comments: