Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Belief System

Satan's Lie:
Your worth = Your Performance + Other's Opinions
God's Truth:
Your worth = What God Says About You

Satan's Lie:
Those who fail are unworthy of love & deserve to be blamed & condemned (Fear of punishmnet; propensity to punish others)
God's Truth:
Propitiation (1 John 4:9-10) I am deeply loved by God
Satan's Lie:
I must meet certain standards to feel good about myself. If I don't … (Fear of failure)
God's Truth:
Justification ( Rom 3.19-25, 2 Cor 5.21) I am completely forgiven & fully pleasing to God
Satan's Lie:
I must be approved (accepted) by certain others to feel good about myself. If I'm not approved…(Fear of rejection
God's Truth:
Reconciliaton (Col 1:19-22) I am totally accepted by God
Satan's Lie:
I am what I am; I cannot change; I am hopeless (Shame)
God's Truth:
Regeneration ( 2Cor 5:17) I am absoluety complete in Christ


This was taken from the book: Search for Significance by Robert S McGee. Great Book!!! I recomend it:) Remember - Satin is here to shut us down... God tells us that He created us & we are loved by Him... deeply loved by Him!! Take these truths to heart:)

I am going to share this at Bible Study tonight - thought I'd share with you 1st:)

No comments: